[3830] CQWW CW KO7AA SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 22:07:38 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: AZ

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   54    20       38
   40:  172    32       90
   20:  170    34       99
   15:  434    36      122
   10:  520    33      125

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:

80 - sloper
40 - Gap Challenger, NO radials
10/15/20 - 2 el Stepp-IR at 55'

Radio (1) - K3 / 2K-FA

N1MM Classic

The builder gave us the keys to our new mountain cabin on Wednesday,
so I only had 2 days to put the station together (I had the antennas
up already).

Just too much family/friends/Thanksgiving to get it done right :(

I got to the station an hour before the start. Surprise! When the beam
was turned to JA, over the house, there was total RF overload of my
new $300 all-in-one Costco computer, loaded up for a maiden voyage with
N1MM+.

When the QTH is 25 miles of mountain road from town/home, there is no
easy fix! Since in W7 we start with 2+ hours of JA, I had to quit
before I started. I knew my laptop back in town was RF proof, so I
drove home, went out dinner with family, and headed back up at 5 AM,
one last contest with N1MM Classic!

I wasn't planning to do the JA/Asia all-nighters on 40/80 this year,
and probably won't again. Just too little return for the effort on the
overall standings. So the above totals are minus 700 JA's on 40/80,
and a few hundred missed on 10/15/20 from Friday evening.

The K3/2K-FA combo is truly a 1500W tranceiver. It will pick from six
antennas, all preset per band, and tunes the Stepp-IR. Radio contesting
with no knobs to turn....

I was quite amazed at the GAP vertical dipole on 40M...

The CQWWCW is still the best!

73, Bill KO7AA , Mt. Lemmon, Arizona