[3830] CQ WW RTTY OT6M(ON9CC) SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 3 04:36:31 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC
Station: OT6M

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Voeren
Operating Time (hrs): 13,8

   15:  309      39      81    28
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  309      39      81    28  Total Score = 122,248

Club: White Horse Contesters

Comments:

Although I had a lot of chores to do this weekend, i found the time in between
for some RTTY contacts. It hasn't been that long since I got into RTTY but I
really like it. Still trying to find my way around with N1MM and the digital
interface.

Although I enrolled in the HP class, I only used about 400 Watts. I noticed
that RBN didn't pick-up my CQ's to often, so CQ-ing was quite difficult and
normally didn't get the rate up to about 100 for more than a couple of minutes.
Highest rate was 180(1'), 66(10') and 37(60'). I noticed that using RBN for
S&P is more difficult than on CW. I guess it's due to the AFC function
being used, making signals drift quite a lot hence difficult to quickly tune-in
for S&P-ers.

But it was fun to work friends around the world again.
Thanks to everyone who worked me!
Log will be uploaded to LoTW.

73 from OT6M, the White Horse Contesters
Frank, ON9CC