[3830] CaQP N1CC SOFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 5 17:32:16 EDT 2014

                    California QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: North Texas

  160:    1      0
   80:   16      5
   40:   73     59
   20:   78     78
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3/100 Force 12 C3 @64' 160M Inv L, and E-W 80/40M Fan Dipole at 50'.
WriteLog software ran perfectly.

Conditions seemed less favorable than last year.  There was a 10M blackout
1800-1830Z Sunday where you could hear a small number of the big guns, they
were not making contacts, and I could not work them either.  Then like a switch
was turned back on the band came back ... 20M not in good shape, difficult noise
and interlopers on top of many of the CQP stations made it hard to work folks.

The E-W Fan Dipole is new this CQP and more than doubled the performance to
California - worth adding.  I was able to complete the 58-counties by 0438Z ...
earliest I have done that as far back as I can remember.

W1AW/6 ran out of band/modes to work me... they didn't have 160M available.
Also worked several stations on both modes and 80-10 - that was fun.