[3830] CaQP NX6T M/SFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 5 18:49:48 EDT 2014

                    California QSO Party

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): AF6WF K6KAL WB6NBU K6GO NA6MB N6CY K4RB W2PWS
Station: NX6T

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: SDIE

  160:   13      0
   80:   87     55
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Hot & Dry weekend launched very bad power line noise and even with excellent
K3 DSP Noise Blanker that minimizes buckshot on loud adjacent signals, Many Qs
were lost all day Sunday. Since Wintest does not do CQP, and many of my Ops do
not know how to use N1MM, we decided to take a big risk and use the relatively
new logging program DXLOG which is very similar to Wintest but is a resource
hog and our older laptops showed the lag. Missed the illusive VE5 in SK for
only 57 mults. Heard a VE5 was mobile but he never stopped by our freqs. 73
Dennis N6KI