[3830] CaQP N6TV SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 5 19:27:54 EDT 2014

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: CA

  160:   26       9
   80:   59      86
   40:  172     182
   20:  221     334
   15:  229     539
   10:  160     288
--------------------

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

First, many thanks to all the hard working County Expedition volunteers who
spent time, money, and lots of sweat equity to help ensure that all 58
California Counties will be on the air.

Conditions seemed fairly good all weekend.  I had some local noise on the high
bands, but it wasn't too bad.

My goal was to give maximum points to the MLDXCC this year, so I decided to
operate Mixed mode rather than my usual 100% CW.

I had fun, despite apparently falling behind the perennial CQP contenders K6XX,
K6LA, WC6H, and AE6Y (congrats guys).  It was great to work 32 Europeans on 10m,
and being called by a 9H1 and 9X0 back to back on 10m phone was a great
surprise.

VE8GER was my very last multplier.  Thank you!

Again this year I used a beta version of 9A5K's DXLog.net software.  There are
still some bugs to be worked out, but it sure was nice to have a familiar
interface for a person like me who is so used to using Win-Test, which
unfortunately doesn't support the CQP.

I hope everyone enjoyed the party.

Ant: 5 el 10, 5 el 15, 5 el 20, 3 el 40, 1 el 80, shunt-fed tower on 160
Twr: U.S. Tower HD589-MDPL 89 ft (27 m) crank-up
Rig: Elecraft K3 (2)
Amp: Alpha 87A (2)
SO2R: microHAM MK2R+
Software: DXLog.net 2.1.8 by 9A5K