[3830] CaQP K4BAI SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 5 21:06:01 EDT 2014

                    California QSO Party

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:38

  160:    0      0
   80:   23      9
   40:   63     65
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 91b, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  Missed Sierra County.
Heard VE6AO work a station in Sierra County on 20M phone and couldn't hear him
here.  No other clue as Sierra, but I see that others worked all counties.  Had
to miss a number of productive hours due to family and church commitments.  40
through 10 meters were pretty good to California from here.  80 was only OK.  I
worked all I could hear on that band, but could hear those stations working
others that I could not hear here.  QRN was fairly high.  W1UE was hearing
better than I was on 80M.  I need a quite 80M receive antenna.  Heard no
California stations on 75 phone and wasn't surprised since none of the CW
signals was very strong by the time I went QRT for the night at 0616 UTC.
Didn't listen on 160 since 80 was so poor.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Another very
fine CQP.  73, John, K4BAI.