[3830] CaQP K6Z M/MCntyExp HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 8 00:24:19 EDT 2014

                    California QSO Party

Call: K6Z
Operator(s): K6ZZ K6ZED W6PH KI6VC W1MD WA1Z N6WIN K1QX
Station: K6Z

Class: M/MCntyExp HP
QTH: Inyo County

  160:    70      9
--------------------
Total:  1804   2800  Mults = 58  Total Score = 638,696

Club: Bishop Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Another very enjoyable CQP.  Once again the K6Z Crew ventured into the Alabama
Hills of Inyo County with the primary goal of having a good time with our Ham
Radio friends.  Success!  This was our 10th Inyo County Expedition, 5 at Fossil
Falls and 5 in the Alabama Hills.

This year we brought out four AB-577 military surplus masts and set up four K3
stations with homebrew Yagis on 10M, 15M and 20M.  We used a 40-2CD on 40M and
wires on 80M and 160M.  Amplifiers consisted of two KPA-500’s, one AL-1200
and one LK-500ZB.  N1MM was used for logging.  For the most part everything
worked as planned.  We did need to fix a cold solder joint in the AL-1200
during the contest.

One of our regular crew members (K6VR) couldn’t make it this year so my newly
licensed XYL Jennifer (K6ZED) joined us.  This was her first semi-serious
contest effort and she did well racking up 555 QSO’s on 40M SSB.  She’s
hooked!  For 35 years she had no interest in Ham Radio and then decided to get
her license to surprise me for my birthday last year.  Since then she has
gotten her Extra, earned DXCC and gotten interested in Contesting.  Go figure.

Thanks for all the QSO’s and thanks to the NCCC for sponsoring the CQP.

73, Bob K6ZZ for the K6Z Crew