[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 9 23:35:31 EDT 2014

                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 10

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   2      2
   80:  11      6
   40:  19     13
   20:  24     20
Total:  56     41  Total Score = 2,296

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

First time in NS w/ my new 80m vertical in the tree. Would like to hear
any comments on my 80m sig. compared to normal (email dank7ss at gmail.com
please).

its a combined 80 and 160, but have not got the 160 part trimmed enough to
work.
did manage working Montana with 10:1 SWR however.. hahaha  and neighbor W7OM,
who im sure I could work with NO antenna on either side of the QSO !

20- was GREAT!  super signals. Thanks to first timer WH7AA for the rare HI
mult.
and WI0WA, VE3YT, NM5M, and N3DXX... returning folks.

40- seemed out of sorts. low on mults and have never heard W9RE so weak
before...
normal big sigs from back in eastern half of the country were quite down. N9CK
Steve was a pleasant returnee..  come back more often !

80- Was able to work K0EU which is my benchmark for how im doing on 80 every
week.  could be the Vertical, or could be improved fall condx on 80.

160- well... you know.

73 ... good fun as always...

Danny K7SS
(danWA)

IC756pro2, 100w
3 el Steppir at 48' w/ 40m dipole element
80/160 Inverted J.
SO1R.