[3830] Makrothen RTTY AB1J SO/Single Xcvr LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 12 13:59:48 EDT 2014

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: Waltham, MA

Total:  231  Total Score = 1,032,490

There are Saturday afternoons in the fall when it's chilly and dreary and
raining outside and I'm all snug and warm in my shack with the rig purring away
and I feel really good.  That's how it was this Saturday in the Makrothen.

This was a casual operation as I didn't have the oomph for a full time go.
Mostly I wanted to give Qs to friends and friendly foes.  And I wanted to pile
up enough klicks to get to the moon and back safely with some to spare.

Another goal was to work 10m while I still can.  The Sunday morning segment was
good with a nice long opening to Europe.

And finally, I like to support this contest as I think all so-called DX
contests should be distance scored.  I wish the sponsors would promote it more
aggressively.

It struck me that this a contest where someone in Argentina could really clean
up.  All the population centers (JA/BY, NA, EU) are north of the equator and
far away on an equatorial path, we're still near the September equinox and for
someone in BA it should be like shooting fish in a barrel with the score piling
up obscenely.

I didn't hear a single station from LU land.  Go figure.  Maybe the propagation
wasn't favorable.  Too bad.

Thanks for the Qs.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT2000  TS940S(skimmer)  WR-G33DDC(bandscope)
N1MM(MMVARI-MMTTY-2TONE)  TrueTTY  RCKskimmer
20-10 ttic dipoles, outdoor 40m coaxial dipole
Win8 and XP computers