[3830] PaQP W3HKK Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 12 20:24:27 EDT 2014

                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5 HR

  160:   11      2      0         0
   80:   29     13      0         0
   40:   90    120      0         0
   20:    0      1      0         0
   15:    0      0      0         0
   10:    0      0      0         0
    6:    0      0      0         0
    2:    0      0      0         0
---------------------------------------
Total:  130    136      0         0  Mults = 120  Total Score = 29,398

Made Clean Sweep at 1:50 pm Sunday. Pulled the plug shortly afterwards, as the
Clean Sweep was  my goal! First one for me, although as part of the WW8OH team,
we id it in 2012.

Best conditions in years! 40 was outstanding. 80 good. 160  QRN-free and good.

Spent Fri night downloading N1MM+, and Sat morning populating the basic info
needed to use it, then building  80 and 40m inverted V's from scratch, erecting
the 28 ft mast to hang it from, and then trimming..and trimming ....and trimming
the 4 ends til  in-band resonance was found. Missed the firt two hours of the
contest running around outside.

My  central Ohio QTH is 100-400 miles from PA so low dipoles were   well suited
for the task. Pretty much split time between SSB and CW, using a Morse Code
Buddy and external keyboard on CW.

A great, fun  QSO  Party!