[3830] CaQP K2QO/6 SOFixed QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 13 19:44:16 EDT 2014

                    California QSO Party

Call: K2QO/6
Operator(s): K2QO
Station: K2QO

Class: SOFixed QRP
QTH: SCV

   40:    1      5
   20:    1      2
   15:
   10:    9     28
--------------------
Total:   11     35  Mults = 19  Total Score = 1,936

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

My XYL and I were on a 12 day CA coastal vacation from SF to LA and ended up in
Monterey over the contest weekend. Before the trip I'd scoped out Jack's Peak
Park as an operating QTH, found a nice picnic bench overlooking the bay and
went to town for a few hours. Results were not too shabby for a peanut whistle
into a low antenna. I fully expected CW to be the best mode for my setup but it
was much easier and more productive on SSB. Who would have guessed?

I wore my CQP 2013 cool orange shirt but no one stopped by my operating site to
take note. There prisoners in hi viz outfits nearby cleaning under the
supervision of well armed "escorts" and they did not seem very
curious about my operation.

The highlight was working K2ZR on Sunday morning on both 10 and 20M. Dick is my
September VHF rover partner.

If there is a prize for fewest Qs/miles traveled to operate I'll surely be the
winner!

The Setup:
FT817, 5W, 36Whr LiFePO4 battery (thanks to AG2AA for the tip on this one), Par
40/20/10 End Fed, Bushwhacker paddles and paper/pencil.

73,
Mark K2QO/6, MONT