[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 17 00:11:52 EDT 2014

                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 17

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   3      2
   80:   9      6
   40:  19     17
   20:  11     10
Total:  42     35  Total Score = 1,470

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The only way we can listen to baseball in our quirky location is to use the
Beverages with the FT-1000MP using a 50-foot line to a speaker in the
kitchen...  So at 1925, reluctantly turned from KNBR at 680KHz to 20m and
started NS with the Giants behind one run. . Just 10 minutes after the NS
Travis Ishikawa hit his winning home run in the bottom of the 9th, a shot that
they say is reminiscent of the "shot heard round the world" by Bobby
Thomson in the historic 1951 National league championship game in NY.  Go
Giants!

Conditions pretty awful tonight, on 20m but better on 40.

For the first time tonight I used the microHAM antenna relay box and Top Ten
Devices Band Decoder in the NS. . K6UFO had these extra pieces and was kind
enough to put them together for me in a plug and play configuration.   The
magic packages arrived on Wednesday, and I completed a bench test hook up an
hour before NS. Before Sweepstakes , the relay box will migrate 150 feet away
to the site of the various antennas.

73 Bill n6zfo