[3830] MWaveFallSprnt N6ZE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Oct 18 14:31:02 EDT 2014

                    Microwave Fall Sprint

Call: N6ZE
Operator(s): N6ZE
Station: N6ZE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: dm04ne

Total:  QSOs = 6  Max Dist(km) = 40  Total Score = 11,389

Club: ventura county amateur radio society

Comments:

The Fall 2014 Microwave Sprint turned out to be an interesting event in Ventura
Co. CA (DM04). All of my 33cm QSOs were made with stations who are utilizing
ALINCO DJ-G29T QRP FM handhelds! I also used an ALINCO connected to a small
M>2 yagi. I made contacts on 23 cm SSB with 2 stations: rig for that band
was an FT-736 & long M>2 yagi. Best DX was N8DEZ on 1296.1 MHz USB in
DM04sh at 40.1 km (25.11 miles). Second best DX was with WA6EJO on  both 33cm
& 23cm at 31.90 km (19.82 miles). 2 contacts on 33 cm rated zero km
distance because 3 of us were briefly located in the parking lot of a favorite
coffee shop! Vern, W6NCT, borrowed my other ALINCO handheld with a
rubber-duckie whip for his personal introduction to 33cm and made 3 QSOs,
including one with WA6EJO (DM04jg)& KM6B (DM04ng). Perfect weather
prevailed with clear skies, no wind, & temperatures rising to 23 deg. C.