[3830] CQWW SSB VE3XD SOSB(A)/15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 19:11:25 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3XD
Operator(s): VE3XD
Station: VE3XD

Class: SOSB(A)/15 LP
QTH: on

   15:  220    24       75

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I was planning to do another qrp operation but after a few Qs switched to low
power. It wasn't that the conditions were poor but rather there was so much QRM
that it was difficult to be heard with 5 watts.

Other than missing most of Saturday due to a funeral out of town I put in a
fairly busy 13 hours. 15m had wall to wall signals all day Sunday which kept me
busy doing S&P.

Best and most surprising contact was TO0X Mayotte on the first call.

50 watts from the Yaesu Mark V into an attic mounted end-fed dipole on 15.

Thanks for all the Qs and many were challenging but the great CQWW ops hung in
to finish the contact.