[3830] CQWW SSB W7WHY SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 20:02:12 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Coos Bay, OR

   40:    2     2        2
   20:   95    25       48
   15:   14     8        8
   10:    4     4        4

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Made some Q's for the club.  SSB contests definitely are not my forte.  Some
signals are just about impossible to decipher what the heck the calls are.
Lots of over processed, overdriven, crappy sounding audio.

It was fun just chasing band countries and conditions seemed pretty good for
the most part.  We had a bad witndstorm here and it took down the 15 meter
antenna so not much on that band.

I was operating Saturday morning with pretty good conditions to Europe and
Africa.  The wife called and said lunch was ready so went up and ate with her.
Came back down and the bands were dead.  Thought my radio broke until I looked
up and saw there was another flare.

73 and thanks for the Q's
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1   TS-450SAT + AL-811H