[3830] CQWW SSB K7ZS M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 20:12:09 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZS
Operator(s): KI7Y KT7E K7ZS N7BEF KE7AUB NW6V
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR

  160:    3     2        2
   80:   27     8       13
   40:  215    20       49
   20:  251    32       92
   15:  411    30       99
   10:  367    28       83

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

First time to try running high power here on 2 stations, so we tried Multi-ONE.
Gladly, we found our interstation interference to basically be non existent. SO
next year we'll be M2

BIG THANKS to the guest ops that kept the station going: Jim KI7Y from bell to
bell, Andy KE7AUB for most of the weekend (and Most Chair Time award!)  Big
help from Joe KT7E, Steve N7BEF and nice to have a visit by Chris NW6V - who
may have a different opinion of phone contesting after his visit.

We used N1MM PLUS for the first time, a brave move (so we thought) but was VERY
smooth, only 1 small reset (and we had power glitches that caused restarts, and
it recovered nicely).  Bye Bye N1MM Classic for us.

A great weekend to play radio - and great conditions (except for a Tri-Fecta of
flares! X1.0, X2.0 and X3.1

All the best

73 Kevin K7ZS