[3830] CQWW SSB 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/10 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 20:15:33 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P2K

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: 8P

   10: 1369    27       97
------------------------------
Total: 1369    27       97  Total Score = 434,620

It was a toss up between doing a low power entry for 10m or on 15m. In the end,
having more elements on 10m made me lean towards that band.

Even though I had more time available, I was never able to keep pace with last
year's effort and ended up about 20% lower in score than last year.

Propagation was probably the most important factor. It varied between being OK
and being downright terrible despite the high solar flux. I certainly heard a
whole lot more than I worked so maybe higher power was necessary to overcome
the conditions.

Still, had fun though it was a bit of a grind, eeking out the QSO's with mostly
lower than usual signal reports.

Technically I used a similar set-up to last year with two radios in-band but
with only one transmitting. It seemed to work a lot better last year. Maybe it
was simply because signals levels were down compared to last year.

This is where my QSO's came from:

             10M   %

    SA        72     5.3
    EU       660    48.2