[3830] CQWW SSB W0LFA(AA7XT) SOSB(A)/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 20:27:45 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0LFA
Operator(s): AA7XT
Station: W0LFA

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Glade Park CO
Operating Time (hrs): 25:56

   10: 1044    34      143
------------------------------
Total: 1044    34      143  Total Score = 523,920

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

First contest with new Force 12 Employees ARC callsign W0LFA.

Flex 6700
Dishtronix DX-2400L1
Force 12 XR6-C antenna (2 el on 10m)
N1MM Logger+

Ran the amp at 375 yo 500 W as it has recently become intolerant of my line
voltage and trips with an overvoltage fault if I try to run more than 500 W
out. Should be fixable with a change of the transformer tap. I could have used
that extra 1,000 W especially when facing the East Coast Wall towards EU.

Flex 6700 worked great with N1MM Logger+, who needs knobs?

I started on Friday with the goal of working 100 countries on 10m. About
halfway through the contest I thought I might have a chance at an OK score so I
started working on getting the QSO count up.

Missed XX9, 8R, XP3 and a few others. Happy to work XW1IC and Fo4BM in last 4
minutes!

SK3W called in during a JA run at 2225z with a very good signal on Sunday but
no other late over-the-pole stations heard.

73
Bill AA7XT