[3830] CQWW SSB N1YX SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 22:28:50 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1YX
Operator(s): N1YX
Station: N1YX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EMA

  160:    3     1        1
   80:   75    10       39
   40:   88    12       48
   20:  206    31       92
   15:  273    29       95
   10:  493    30      108

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I started late on Friday and kind of had low morale, but Saturday morning the
10m was absolutely full of stations. After doing the customary S&P sweep, I
parked around 28700 and decided to run for a while. With all the excitement I
did not even bother with DVK - bad decision. After about 200 Qs hour my voice
had failed and I just could not run anymore. With whatever left of it I
programmed the DVK and did silent S&P from that moment on. Obviously, wide
10m band was everybody's favorite this weekend. Which got me thinking, perhaps
we can put some wheels in motion and try to widen some of particularly narrow
bands, like 20m and 40m. I don't know, perhaps military uses some of the SW
bands, so it maybe just not going to happen. I know that broadcasting on the SW
is really down. Most of heavy broadcasters abandoned SW, and on every given day
the bands are pretty much empty. Just a thought.
K3 + ALS-600 + N1MM
10-15-20: KT34A at about 50ft
40-80: 154ft doublet at about 50ft