[3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 02:21:14 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   90     6        5
   40:  102    10       11
   20:  293    29       72
   15:  470    28       70
   10:  611    26       53

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Everyone seems to be talking about how great conditions were. I didn't find
that. It was very tough to hear and be heard beyond NA. At times, when it was
obvious that the receiving stations had their antennas pointed toward my corner
of the world, the signals were extremely strong and clear and, similarly, my
call was picked up immediately even through big pileups so I have to assume my
signal was also good. Low power can still be OK, depending on all those other
variables.

Nevertheless, it was exceedingly difficult to attract the attention of EU as
the over-the-pole route was very ineffective and going through the East Coast
wall nearly impossible. Even YL power didn't garner the same results as usual.

Consequently, the EU country count is very low and the mult tally reflects this
-- about one-third less than last year. The overall Q count is about a third
higher, thanks to extended and fast-paced runs, mainly on 10m and 15m, fueled
by stateside operators. Thanks SO much! The higher Q count offset the lower
mult count, so my score is about the same as last year.

Highlights were surprise DX from directions I wasn't expecting during the
stateside runs. Brought a big smile to my face.

Overall, I enjoyed the weekend marathon. Thanks to everyone who called me and
everyone who heard me.

Rebecca VA7BEC