[3830] CQWW SSB SK3W M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 04:25:42 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: SK3W
Operator(s): SM0MDG SM0MLZ SM0SHG SM5AJV SM5EPO SM5IMO SM5PHU SA5BJM SA5BCG SM3SGP ON3DI
Station: SK3W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Fernebo

  160:   452     8       53
   80:   890    18       78
   40:  1904    36      123
   20:  2538    37      146
   15:  2354    38      137
   10:  1924    38      150
-------------------------------

This year we targeted the old Swedish Multi/Multi record from 1979 by SK2KW in
the era when computers were science fiction and dupe sheets and multiplier list
ruled.(Operator list that year accoring to cqww.com ;SM2ALH SM2HAK SM2HZQ SM2DMU
SM2EKM SM2CEW SM2DFQ SM2CPF SM2DLZ SM2EPR SM2HRW SM2HTF SM3DMP SM0GMG SM0GMZ
SM0GNU STIG).

Our final claimed score has a margin of about 1 million points, giving the log
checkers the final decision. The last 45 minutes with an extra lift on high
bands made us pass the 10 thousand QSO barrier.

Finding Phone operators within the SK3W team is difficult, but this year we
decided to go for it with a somewhat limited setup. Only 5 radios (K3's and one
old FT1000), and no inband or extra listening. We had 9 operators, and two part
timers helping out. Not much time was spent on preparing the setup for the
contest, just connecting up the radios and the normal fighting with the Voice
keyers and the Microham boxes.

Murphy won the battle on 40m, and the contest had to be run without a DVK
there. Two heil headsets broken, and the normal struggle with the Alpha Amp
tripping on 15m. Heavy wind on sunday made something crackling and sparking in
the Ericsson tower. Not sure what is was, but could be the tram wires hitting
one of the guy wires making interference on high bands.

Special thanks goes to my friends SM5EPO Peo and SA5BJM Johan who helped with
the preparations at the station before the contest. Also great to have Pieter
ON3DI here, travelling for the third time from Belgium to join the team.

Antennas:
160m: Wire 4-SQ
80m: 4-SQ
40m: 3/3el + Vertical
20m: 5/5/5el + 4/4el(USA)
15m: 5/5/5el + 5/5/5/5el(USA)+JP2000
10m: 6/6/6el + 6el

Amps:
AL1200, Ryssen, BJM's, Finnen, Alpha76, Alpha8x

See some photos and video here:
https://plus.google.com/communities/101471424502404810669