[3830] CQWW SSB EI2CN SOSB(A)/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 07:27:14 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Ireland

   10: 1267    35      136
------------------------------
Total: 1267    35      136  Total Score = 540,531

Friends,
    Well conditions for me were not as good as last year.   My score is half
last years though the multiplier count in about the same.   The DXCC count of
136 is not too bad but I missed Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Hawaii.   I
worked one JA, managed to catch Guam and the Marianas.   My runs really started
in the later afternoon when it was possible to work one North American after
another with the west coast proving no problem.    I tried working spots for
Asiatic Russia zone 19 but failed repeatedly and my runs with the antenna in
their beam heading did not produce results.

    It was good to run in the High Power category as it would have been hard to
keep going otherwise.    I need a minimum QSO rate unless working on a casual
basis with QRP.   Fifteen meters might have been a better choice but this is
perhaps the last hurrah for ten and the band was expected to be very good -
well it was pretty good.   I also like the closing of the band around 20:00 UTC
which ensures a somewhat normal existence.   Bessie ten meters has more room to
play in.

    My thanks to the organizers and all who gave me a QSO.   See you next year
on fifteen and I will probably choose fifteen for the CW leg of CQ WW at the
end of November.

Rig K3
P3 panadapter
Acom 2000A at 1500W contest power limit for EI
Microkeyer II
WinTest   The European Standard
4 element SteppIR at 24M or 80 feet

      73 and Peace  Doug EI2CN