[3830] CQWW SSB VE3BR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 07:52:26 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FN03es

   80:   11     3        4
   40:   33    10       22
   20:  107    14       48
   15:   59    13       26
   10:   48    12       25

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Jupiter
Antenna: DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band Vertical
Software: N1MM Logger+ 0.19.4115.0

Abridged story: the squirrels won. Full version: Very soon into the contest
(already dark outside) my only antenna, 80/40 vertical, starts to act up badly.
Checked the feedline and found the spot where the coax has been literally chewed
in half. I am not that much into SSB contesting, so decided to have a full
night's sleep and fix things up the next morning, and so I did. Took a lot of
Saturday off, but eventually got back into the contest. Guess what? Soon after
dark same thing again. This time in two places, one exactly where the previous
day's damage was. I fixed that Sunday morning. By this time I almost lost
interest and when on Sunday after dark found the feedline chewed through again
I thought it was actually funny. Those darn squirrels somehow do not like me...