[3830] CQWW SSB KT4ZB SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 10:17:11 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: Savannah

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   13     6        7
   40:   62    14       35
   20:  156    24       70
   15:  234    23       77
   10:  413    29       89

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I really like the Classic Radio overlay with the 24 hour limit and don't feel
near as tired as doing 36 hours in the chair.  Normally I run in an assisted
category, so working non-assisted and not knowing where all those super DX
stations are is the downside.

   With all the solar activity and the flux at 217, great conditions were
expected  and the sun delivered. 10 meters was great all weekend as well as 15
meters. The weekend was almost all S&P except for a couple of good short
runs; one of which included 21 stations in Japan. I could not be heard in the
Middle East and Asia. I could hear the A71 on 3 bands but could not work them.
My score and QSO total was down was down about 6 percent from last year
although I did end up with one more mult.  Near the beginning of one of my hour
breaks there was an X class flare; and, it was the first time I have watched the
1 minute refresh graph of the flux as it rose into the X class area, leveled off
and then declined.

   It's always amazing to see stations on 10 meters above 28.8 MHz and although
I worked non-assisted, there were great DX contacts - 4Z5ML, A65BP, B4L, BY2AA,
C37NL, GJ2A, J3A, J42T, J69MV, JV5A, JW5E, MD2C, S0S, S79K, T88HZ, TF3CY, UP2L,
V47JA, YE2C, YS1/NP3J and ZD8X to list a few. Lots of loud JAs and notable
misses included A71, HZ, DU, AH0 and AH2.

   Thanks to the CQWW committee for sponsoring this great contest and thanks to
all the folks around the world whose contacts filled my log.

Best - Jere

FT1000mp Field (100w), TH6DXX, dipoles and N1MM.