[3830] CQWW SSB K1RX M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 10:23:53 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NH

  160:   26     8       20
   80:  190    12       42
   40:  174    13       57
   20:  538    35      101
   15:  880    33      105
   10: 1070    23       92

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Limited effort given the antenna farm was in disrepair on certain bands.

Instead of SO2R decided to try my hand at simultaneous operation i.e. M2  To
maximize the score to the YCCC.

Great time with amazing conditions.  Low bands as expected had noise and made
it tough.  No rotary antenna on 40 - fixed in my favorite direction (EU).

Station failures:  As reported early the farm had some issues - maintenance guy
was very lazy (have fired him! - ME!)

Use 2 PC's networked together.  One failed completely on Saturday night (will
not power up) and after switching around cables, etc. managed to get one radio
to operate all 6 bands (Love that K3). Then had my first keyboard failure, so
moved another one in. Late start on Sunday, just stayed on 10 M and had a boat
load of fun.

Football game (American)distracted me for the rest of the day.  QRT.

Nice to watch the local battle between K1DG and K1ZR.

Thanks to all my friends from around the world for calling and hope you had as
much fun as I did!

73, Mark, K1RX