[3830] CQWW SSB W7YAQ SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 15:41:13 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sisters OR

  160:    6     6        5
   80:   34     9       14
   40:   84    23       41
   20:  239    31       90
   15:  388    34       95
   10:  606    29       82

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I spent far more time in chair than planned.  Decided to join the DARK SIDE and
use my recently acquired KPA500.  The extra DB no doubt helped the final score,
and provided more incentive to keep in the chair.

High band conditions were good here, although the Sunday 10M opening to EU was
marginal, literally, with EA and zone 33 booming in, but other 14/15 pretty
weak.  No zone 16 heard here on 10.  Thanks to the Asia and Oceania folks for
some nice runs on 10.  Glad to have 4W/K7CO and BY9CA (zone 23) call in the
last hour.

Worked 36 zones (Heard 35 and 37, but not 34 and 39).  DXCC = 128.

All-in-all this was a fun weekend for a generally devoted CW guy.

73,
Bob W7YAQ