[3830] CQWW SSB K4VV M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 18:51:46 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4VV
Operator(s): AJ3M WV4V W3UL N1RM CX7TT KJ4VTH W0YR
Station: K4VV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA

  160:   40     5        7
   80:  123    13       46
   40:  309    17       66
   20:  780    36      118
   15: 1217    35      115
   10: 1243    31      115

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

An unusable Internet connection prevented our Remote Operators in the US and
several foreign countries from contributing to the score.  CX7TT tried twice
but latency was almost two seconds! Just impossible!

Had other major technical failures: Rotation control one of the Super Berthas
failed a few minutes before start time.  Voice Keyer failure on position two.
A coax problem on one of the 20 M stacks.  We created "work-arounds,"
but it wasn't first class.

Despite the challenges and disappointments, the team pulled together and
enjoyed great camaraderie....and some great food!