[3830] CQWW SSB TO0X(F4BKV) SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 28 01:01:36 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TO0X
Operator(s): F4BKV
Station: TO0X

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Mayotte
Operating Time (hrs):

   15: 1948    32      106
Total: 1948    32      106  Total Score = 799,986

It was very interesting to try contesting from zone 39 .. For sure I was not
coming down there to win anything (well maybe the zone 39 record hi :) .. but
here my following remarks:
- If you are not on the "east/west" path of the european antenna
beaming, you will have hard time to get heard
- When finally you get spotted, then a miracle happen .. you change from a very
boring endless cq with no answer to a huge pielup in minutes and like magical,
all stations are now coming 59+ (probably they discover their rotor can beam
elsewhere than Asia on morning and NA on afternoon :)
- It was so boring during the day that I decide to have some additional fun on
10m using FH/F4BKV, putting a new multiplier on this band
- I made 80% of my QSO during the 4 hours rush opening on the evening everyday,
I got rate well above 200qso/h during this time. All others time can be spend to
beach activity or sleeping.
- I knew it before but now I get it confirmed: the french TO prefix is a
nightmare ... probably this kind of strange things only frenchs can invent !!

Overal, contesting from Mayotte was a nice experience and it seems many peoples
were happy to get dual multi (FH and zone39) into their log. My best qso was
when I broke the KL7RA pileup on saturday .. I was competing with the well
known big guns in Europe but my simple vertical wire dipole on the sea shore
and my 300w overcome their big yagi stacks hi :)

73 from Mayotte,

Vincent F4BKV