[3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 28 09:54:09 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 24:15

  160:    5     3        2
   80:   33     9       23
   40:  106    12       46
   20:  238    35      103
   15:  292    32      102
   10:  455    33      124

After putting in an average of 7 hours/day supporting the W1AW/4 operation from
ALABAMA, I was pretty well worn out which reduced my participation in this
event, especially on the Low Bands.

I started out for 1 hour, then 1 hour OFF, then another hour, then another OFF,
followed by an hour and a half on 80M working a fair number of Europeans.
Unfortunately, 80M was very POOR the second night.

ALL QSOs were either from Search and Pounce or Point and Click from the N1MM
BandMap.  The Available Multiplier List showed NOTHING until Sunday when I
discovered I had neglected to change it from RTTY to SSB :-(

5B QSOs = 8
4B QSOs = 30
3B QSOs = 60

Most Caribbean / S.A. QSOs were worked using my 40M Corner Fed Delta Loop at 45
ft (and/or D3W Dipole at 60 ft for 10M where the Loop SWR reached 4:1 in the SSB
band).  ALL other High Band QSOs were worked on my trusty TH7 at 40 ft (with a
nice slope to the East).

40M antennas were 80M NE Sloping Dipole from 120 ft fed with ladderline and the
Low Corner Fed Delta Loop at 45 ft.

80M Antenna was the N4KG Reverse-Fed Elevated GP and MN-2000 Antenna Tuner.

ALL of my former mono-banders are out of commission from storm damage 3 years
ago.

Tom N4KG in North Alabama