[3830] CQWW SSB EI1A(ON4EI) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 29 06:30:34 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI1A
Operator(s): ON4EI
Station: EI1A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Clonmel
Operating Time (hrs): 40h23

This was until now my best SO2R contest experience in low power all band
category.
I am still learning and got new ideas to improve the SEARCH station in the
future. The propagation was wonderful and the 10 meter band was the best one
specially to work North American stations (3 points per QSO). The Spiderbeam
antenna which is a 4 elements full size on 10 meters worked also perfectly and
I got answer from mobile and QRP stations with a real S9. I performed very good
RUN with 2 major peaks up to 153 and 162 QSO/hour. I also beat my rate record
with 6QSO/min during one minute and 4 QSO/min during 10 minutes. Unfortunately,
I slept too much according to my planning, this is due to the heavy physical
work I did to raise alone the antenna park the week before. I may enter in the
TOP3 europe but could lose the head position due to this. Secondly, my number
of QSO on 40m band is too low as it was very difficult to find a clean
frequency to call, therefore I missed some possible additional multipliers.
Anyway, I took my revenge from last year where all the high bands antennas were
destroyed 10 hours after the begining of the contest by the St Jude storm.