[3830] CQWW SSB S50K SOSB(A)/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 29 16:31:46 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: S50K
Operator(s): S50K
Station: S50K

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: JN66XB

   10: 2800    40      159

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

In comparison to the last year (also 10-A), more qso's, countries and all
zones.
Nice JA run both days, notable number of South America stations over the whole
day, as well as decent number of US stations with good signals.

10 KH6 stations were worked over the south pole last year, this year only one
came over the east Pacific path. To my surprise WL7E called over the north path
the second day with very nice signal, the first day VE9XYZ filled the zone 1
need. Usually the zone 34 is not so easy, but the SU9IG solved this dilemma.
Managed to work quickly the D44BS for marking the zone 35. Have to confess that
3D2BS gave me his call several times to get it properly, thanks for zone 32. One
ZL station was heard the first day, but not worked. Even 45 stations from BY,
several of them from zone 23. Not so far ago, the XE multiplier has been not so
easy, this time 9 stations were logged.

I was short in comparison to more Northern EU stations to work more in depth
the Pacific stations in the evening. It also confirmed to be very problematic
or impossible to work the close EU stations that are also unique multipliers.

After all, it was enjoyable from this side. The final score is higher than
expected initially, thanks for all contacts.

Best 73s,
Marko, S50K

HW:
4+4+4 Steppir, IC7800, OMpower

p.s.
Thanks to the Strel family living on the top-hill for generous hospitality
during years of S50K operation.