[3830] CQWW SSB VE2IM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 29 21:12:32 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE2IM
Operator(s): VE2IM
Station: VE2IM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sept-Iles

  160:   80     5       11
   80:  410    14       62
   40:  900    27       93
   20: 1420    35      114
   15: 1759    37      128
   10: 2104    31      119

My 16th year of travelling to Zone 2 (1999-2014). Drove again 3,400 km round
trip in one week.
The amplifier started to act right before the Contest, it would not give the
full power, probably the tubes started to die. Operated at no more than
800...1000 watts for the whole Contest. Aslo was unpleasantly surprised by huge
level of power line noise on 160 and (not so bad) on 80.
Conditions were great on high bands but not so good on low bands. The score is
down 15% as compared to least year's. Partially because of conditions,
partially because I slept too much this time. Just couldn't fight the fatigue.
Tried to move a lot of multipliers, so big Thank You to all who moved for me.
Vwery disappointing incident happened about a half of an hour before the end of
the Contest. I was on 14243 for quite a while when all of a sudden T46A jumped
on my frequency and started to call CQ. He completely ignored my objections. So
we spent last 30 minutes of the contest fighting for the FREQ and trying to make
contacts simultaneously. Honestly, in my 40 years of Contesting I never had a
chance to face such arrogant and selfish Op... Oh well. Times are changng I
guess.
Thanks to all for the Q's and see you in CW leg. CW is definitely becoming THE
MODE.

Yuri