[3830] CQWW SSB N2GC M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 30 01:59:19 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2GC
Operator(s): N2GC KD2EZL KD2FIX
Station: N2GC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NY

  160:    3     3        3
   80:  125    15       56
   40:  132    23       73
   20:  268    31       98
   15:  274    31      100
   10:  892    29      111

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC756PRO3, TS-940S, AL-1200, TL-922
3el tribander @30' fixed on EU
40-10 fan dipole @35'
20-10 fan dipole @35'
80 dipole @40'

This was our first father and sons multi single in CQWW as my sons have been
licensed less than a year. It was also the first time using multiple
transmitters, amps and computers from this station so a few things had to be
done ahead of time.  The shack was rewired to handle 2 amplifiers, a piexx
board was installed in the TS-940 to allow computer control, we had to move
equipment around to make two operating positions and we had to network the
computers. It all came together right before the starting bell!

The contest was a blast! It doesn't get any better than watching your 11 year
old son run a 160 hour on 10 meters while dad plays dx'er on the other bands:)
Unfortunately we had a busy schedule this weekend with baseball games, work and
social activities so we were only able to keep at least one seat warm for 38
hours. That was the only dissapointment especially since some of the hours lost
were during prime time. During the contest it was nice to say hello to many of
the people that I met at WRTC this past July.

A funny thing happened after the contest. My 11 year old son came home from
school on Monday and tells me that they are learning about Turkey in social
studies class. The teacher was explaining to the class that part of Turkey is
in Europe and part in Asia. My son said I knew that already because I worked
both in the contest.

Look for us in the 10 meter contest as we will be MS again. Hopefully we will
have similar conditions.

73 Mike N2GC