[3830] TBDC NU4Y/VP5 Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 31 06:15:08 EDT 2014

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: NU4Y/VP5
Operator(s): NU4Y
Station: NU4Y/VP5

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MIDDLE CAICOS
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 109  Total Score = 543

Used a 33 foot vert. inverted L. Low Power.  Had to stop at 01:00 Z due to large
thunderstorm just off our coast.  The EMP was so bad would shut down the radio,
or make the PTT line.  I went upstairs from the shack a friend was just
watching the lightning hit the water.  The sight was spectacular, but not for
radio.  Went to sleep after watching for over an hour.  Did not get a couple of
grids, and some that called, just sent 599 and disappeared.  Sorry could not
work more. 73