[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 31 08:09:31 EDT 2014

                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 31

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   2      2
   80:   9      7
   40:  21     16
   20:   9      8
Total:  41     33  Total Score = 1,353

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee, tee vertical.  20M was
almost dead at the start except for a strong signal from W7WHY.  Rate was poor
on that band, but did work western states plus WH7AA, KW8N, and K1GU.  40M was
very good and it was nice to work W1AW/1 in MA.  I assume that was Jay, W1UJ at
the key.  K5GA was very strong on all bands, but worked Bill only on 40.  Nice
to work NQ6N, Matt, in NV for a rare NS mult.  80M was OK to the eastern part
of the US, but woked no one west of Ohio on that band.  Did hear K0EU and K0AD.
 Went to 160M with only two minutes left and was weak there as expected because
of the compromise antenna.  N3QE and K1GU pulled out my weak signals on top
band.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Hope to work you all in ARRL SS CW this weekend.
73, John, K4BAI.