[3830] NCCC Sprint NQ6N(@W7RN) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 31 11:45:08 EDT 2014

                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 31

Call: NQ6N
Operator(s): NQ6N
Station: W7RN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

   40:   9     1
   20:  22     1
Total:  31     2  Total Score = 62

Had fun operating W7RN remotely via remotehamradio.com.  I didn't keep a log b/c
I was typing CW into the web form to send.  Had to QRS a bit so my typing could
keep up. It sure was nice to be loud.

It was also fun to win some jump balls with relative ease, though I lost just
as many b/c my timing was off due to the slight lag and brain unused to
compensating for it.

I'm contemplating investing in a remoterig box for the K3 to so I can use
normal muscle memory and a physical VFO/paddle and F key memories.  Does anyone
know if there is a cheap/free software only solution that speaks the remoterig
protocol?

It was great to work everyone.  RHR offers some east coast stations too so I
may end up operating from there next week.

I look forward to working all of you in SS. I'll be operating AA9A.