[3830] CQWW SSB VK9LM M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 31 12:29:23 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VK9LM
Operator(s): DB6JG DF6JC DF7TH DJ5IW DJ7EO DJ9RR DL1MGB DL3DXX DL5CW DL5LYM DL6FBL DL6MHW DL8OH DL8WPX SP5XVY VK2IA
Station: VK9LM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: QF98ML

  160:    17     4        5
   80:   218    23       45
   40:  1565    31       96
   20:  3717    38      151
   15:  2964    37      136
   10:  2922    31      116
-------------------------------

Club: 94% Bavarian Contest Club, 6% VK Contest Club

Comments:

We didn't reach our original target to beat the OC record (established 1990 by
KH0AM). But it should be good for a new Zone 30 record and the Oceania #1.

Conditions were really good on the high bands. But often too good. And we had
to listen NA talking with EU (if we even heard them) and barely someone turned
the antenna into our direction. After a DX cluster spot, we had excellent runs
to NA, JA and EU.

On the Low Bands the operators did their best to squeeze out the bands, but the
solar activity prevented more QSOs.

The callsign VK9LM was used to commemorate several ham radio activites from
Lord Howe Island by our friend Rudi Mueller DJ5CQ (sk 1995). Two of our team
members (DL3DXX and DL8WPX) operated with him from this island in the 1990's.

QSL will go via DJ2MX.