[3830] CQWW SSB TK9R(IK8UND) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 31 19:54:30 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TK9R
Operator(s): IK8UND
Station: TK9R

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ajaccio

  160:   79     6       29
   80:  607    14       65
   40:  629    18       75
   20: 1205    28      101
   15: 1423    33      104
   10: 2356    31      114

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

The credit for this achievement goes to Patrick (TK5EP) who didn't give up we we
found his tribander destroyed on the floor, without any chance to fix it. No
frustration, he immediately found another small tribander (TNX TK5AE), and
immediately replace it. I will never say thanks enough, Patrick!
Another great issue was losing my almost perfect 160 mtrs vertical saturday
afternoon, I've used it only 30 minutes and only because it was already tuned
when I arrived (late!!) at the contest qth. What a pity I did not use more, I
surely lost a great number of easy mults. Despite all the problems, I made my
best ever qso number, so great fun! My best full hour was 255, and i reached
200+ qso per hour 8 times. Conditions were great on saturday, but very unstable
on sunday. Next target is SO2R, the only way to improve mults number.
Thanks to everyone who worked me, and cu next year. Congratulations to 8P5A.
73
Sal, IK8UND (TK9R)