[3830] NA Sprint CW K1TN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 7 00:46:10 EDT 2014

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Florida

---------------------

Team:

Comments:

Pretty interesting. I worked the whole four hours and did the best I could. The
New K1TN Superstation in West Central Florida is under technical development.
Indoor dipoles in an apartment for 20 and 40 Meters at the moment. The laptop
confuser and peripherals ended up almost entirely wrapped in aluminum foil and
mid-way I had to yank one smoke detector off the wall when it decided to honk.
I need some more coax to move the operating table farther from the aerials.

With this setup, operating is pretty much tuning around and waiting for the
Hertzian waves to align themselves with my aerials.

Sorry no 80 Meters. Soon, I hope.

Thanks to the ops who struggled and pulled my weak signal out of the mud. I
even worked KL7SB on 20 Meters.

Woody Allen supposedly said something like "99 per cent of life is showing
up." I showed up.

Jim Cain, K1TN
Bradenton, Florida