[3830] TnQP N4ZZ/M Multi-Op MobileCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 8 22:53:10 EDT 2014

                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: N4ZZ/M
Operator(s): AD4EB N4ZZ KI4HVY
Station: N4ZZ/M

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: TN

  160:
   80:   133                   42
   40:   699                   63
   20:   324                   43
   15:    18                    5
-----------------------------------
Total:  1174    0       0     153  Total Score = 550,948

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was our 5th mobile operation in the TNQP.  We did not score as high as last
year (1247 Q's, 146 Mults).  It seemed as though participation was down, and
conditions were not as good as they were previously.  Many of the expected
regulars (domestic and DX) unfortunately were not active.

As usual, signal conditions improved as time progressed. There were some really
huge pileups during the last hour of the contest.  If the full 9 hours had the
rates of the last hour, Don and I would be exhausted by the end.  The high
rates are what makes it fun for us, thanks all for hanging is there as we tried
to work everyone.  We went to 15m quite often, but only worked a few stations up
there like N6MU (12 times).

We had to make some route changes on the fly because of construction, so we to
skip a county to stay on schedule. We always try to stay close to our published
county line crossing times, which we put on QRZ.com before the contest under
AD4EB or N4ZZ. Some of you may wonder why we left 20m so early.  We have to
take down our Hustler 20/15m traps when we put our 80m top hat and 80m trap.
It is important for us to get the 80m multipliers.  This is something we need
to work on.

Chris K5LH gets the most QSOs award with 32 contacts.  Way to go Chris, you
were always 'there' and a great operator.  And for DX, we worked Leszek SP9LJD
18 times.  Nice job and good signals Leszek, hope to see you in the contest
next year.

Here are the top 20 stations for the number of QSOs, thanks for helping to keep
us going:

K5LH(32)
N6MU(29)
VE3KZ(26)
K4MM(25)
K3TW(23)
NT2A(23)
KQ3F(22)
K2DSW(21)
N4PN(19)
N4UC(19)
SP9LJD(18)
NU0Q(17)
W1END(17)
K4DJ(15)
K5CM(15)
K6MM(15)
KE0G(15)
KI0I(15)
K4BSK(14)
KN4Y(14)
VE3KP(14)
W8POF(14)

Thanks again to Melody for being our trusted driver and navigator, you are the
best.  She also wants to thank Tom, K3TW for the hello during the contest.

Hope to see you all next year in TNQP 2015.

73 - Jim (AD4EB), Don (N4ZZ), and Melody (KI4HVY)