[3830] 144FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 23 12:51:40 EDT 2014

                    144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62

Total:  QSOs = 18  Mults = 16  Tot Dist(km) = 2621  Total Score = 288

Club: Badger Contsters

Comments:

Omni antenna at my end (KB6KQ 2m loop at about 4' above the roof of the
CoROVERolla) with an FT-897D transceiver backed up by a TE Systems 1412G amp,
probably making me a bit of an alligator when I had the brick on. Thanks to the
stations that heard me for doing the heavy lifting/swinging their beams to peak
on my signal.

Activity was light around the Chicago area (perhaps because 'da Bears' were
playing the Jets on Monday Night Football? and thanks to Steve, KD9BGY, for
giving me a score update ;-). 11 Different Calls among my 18 Qs. 8 unique Grids
contacted: EM68, EM69, EM89, EN50, (would have been nice to get someone in
EN51), EN52, EN54, EN61 and EN62. Highest QSO count by Grid was from EN61 with
7 and 5 mults; EN51 yielded 6 QSOs but all were unique Grid Mults.; 3 x 3 from
EN62; and 2 x 2 from EN52 (both while mobile).

Longest path was from EN62ad to EM89je on 2xCW - 519 km. 1 more QSO over 400
km, 2 more in the 300 km range and 3 in the 200 km range. Two more were in the
80-90 km range and the remaining 9 QSOs were all under 40 km. All QSOs are
appreciated!

Thanks to all who were on and participated.

Thanks to the SVHFS for their continued Sponsorship of the Fall Sprints and to
Bruce Horn, WA7BNM for supporting the Sprints and so many OTHER radiosport
events with the 3830scores.com web site.

73, JK