[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TOL Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 23 18:38:19 EDT 2014

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K1TOL
Operator(s): K1TOL
Station: K1TOL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN44

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  173    56  Total Score = 9,688

The contest started with 4 qsos into Iberia and then Senegal via E/TEP
backscatter. I spent the following 2 hours calling to West Africa to no avail.
I missed most of the W1-to-FLA opening as I was beaming Brazil and looking for
South Americans that were working plenty of stations south of me and from the
mid-west call areas--not a peep of any SA stations for me the entire contest,
unfortunately.
There was hardly any meteor scatter propagation on either day.
Also, I only worked 8 stations to the East, Northeast, North, and Northwest of
my location---absolutely pathetic local activity in those places from the
VE1,VE9, VY2, VE2, to VE3 areas, including northern NH/VT/NY.
It was my lowest score in 6-7 years in this contest--oh well, we await 2015, I
guess?!