[3830] CQ WW RTTY W1BO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 28 20:17:20 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W1BO
Operator(s): W1BO
Station: W1BO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Phenix City, AL 3687

   80:
   40:    3       2        2     3
   20:  193      32       43    43
   15:   90      20       29    29
   10:   42       5       26    26
------------------------------------
Total:  328      59      100    48  Total Score = 156,906

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT-950/TH11DX/1000watts - Great fun this go around had a few station issues with
RTTY that had to be worked out that ate up a lot of my available time to operate
once they were resolved things started working out pretty well. 40meters was a
bust due to a bad correction on the antenna making it have high SWR's all over
the place decided to move back up to 15meters instead and work the Asia/Pacific
DX in the evening of the first night with pretty good results. Also need to work
on something suitable for 80 meters as well.

Have got to get myself in the mind set that I can actually run more and stop
doing S&P as much since I realize now that I loose a LOT of QSO's because
of the dwell time - when I finally decided to do it on 20 meters towards the
end I was steadily pulling stations in and in hindsight if I had done if from
the start I would have been way above where my Q's were for this one. Note to
self got to start thinking more like a big gun then the little pistol I was
used to. HI HI

Jeremy
W1BO
South East Contest Club