[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE6WQ SOSB(A)/20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 29 09:08:37 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6WQ

Class: SOSB(A)/20 LP
QTH: AB

   20:  617      56      74    33
-----------------------------------
Total:  617      56      74    33  Total Score = 230,319

Planned to go 15m but local pulsing QRN was so bad at the outset that I tried
20m which was not as bad. Pulsing QRN was terrible during the day on Saturday
on 20m running S6+ most of the time. QRN stopped about 0100 Saturday and Sunday
and started up in the morning again so packed it in on Sunday morning.
Interesting that I had this QRN last Fall but then stopped in late October and
has just started up again. Wish I knew the source.
 Ran low power to avoid RFI with the neighbors and was quite a struggle on such
a busy band. Worked all states except ID. Missed 18 DX mults that just didn't
hear me. Had some decent runs to the US but none to Eu or JA.

Equipment ICOM ProIII and 3 ele SteppIR