[3830] CQ WW RTTY K9CT M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 29 11:10:57 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): N7US AI9T N4RR N9CK AA5UK K3WA K9WX K9CT AA8R
Station: K9CT

Class: M/M HP
QTH: IL

   80:  480       57      32    17
   40:  988       56      83    31
   20: 1167       57     108    37
   15: 1649       56     115    37
   10:  883       49      98    28
------------------------------------
Total: 5167      275     436   150  Total Score = 9,740,493

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to the members of the team...they each contributed to our effort in
significant ways. Our goal was to best the W9 M/M record set by K9NS team in
2003...thinking this might be the last opportunity for 10m conditions for a few
years. We met our goal and then some.

Propagation was challenging on 20 and 80 as the A index made the ionosphere a
giant sponge. We found skew and backscatter paths on all bands necessary to
work mults. We were ready for high rates but they never really materialized but
still a good overall effort despite propagation.

We used N1MMPlus and two profiles of 2Tone with good success. A couple of bugs
were caught and worked around. This was a great test of this new software. The
features are very rich and quite helpful to the team.

We used K3 and 87A plus numerous antennas. Sometimes we were on all five bands
in the late afternoon and early evening. The team did a lot of run and mult
chasing and worked well in those tandems on the same band. RTTY is a quiet
shack contest and it is easy to talk while working together and passing mults.

Thanks to the team members for the great food...no one was left hungary.
Baptized the new grill on some tasty brats!

73, Craig K9CT

www.k9ct.us