[3830] SAC CW OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 29 16:37:40 EDT 2014

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1628   209  Total Score = 780,197

After a busy week at work and a ferry trip to Sweden and a birthday party at
home on Friday evening left me no time for the contest preparations. After the
opening shot I quickly noticed that the last thunderstorm had ruined my 15m
power divider and I could only beam into one direction on 15m. My 40m remote
antenna switch had encountered a similar fate. After the contest I changed one
relay and several shorted diodes but it seems that the divider needs a bit more
care than I first thought.

The conditions were down from last year by a large margin. The DX signals
sounded quite fluttery on the band. The first 9 hours netted about 230 QSOs
less than in 2013.

Due to the other activities prior to the contest weekend I was too tired to
even try to run for 24 hours. Last year I had some health issues that ruined
the rest of the contest after a nice start. This year Sunday was quite
enjoyable with decent pile ups and even some DX but 10m was a big
disappointment as well as my poor multiplier total.

Thanks for the QSOs. 21 stations were logged on all 5 bands and 57 stations on
4 bands.

I try to be a bit better prepared for the phone leg.

Equipment:
FT-1000MP + AL80A
2-5 el monoband yagis on a 42m (130 ft) tower + an inverted v dipole for 80m
(apex @ 28m).