[3830] CQ WW RTTY S51A M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 30 10:40:36 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: S51A
Operator(s): S50LD S51F S51TC S51ZJ S54KP S55II S55LL S56B S56DE
Station: S51A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Ljubljana, Slovenija

   80:  459       11      54    11
   40:  870       44      72    23
   20:  778       42      90    31
   15:  796       51      83    29
   10:  393       34      75    33
------------------------------------
Total: 3296      182     374   127  Total Score = 537,893

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

This year our S51A team had a lot of fun in the RTTY CQWW contest.

The start on 40m and 80m was great and we hoped for good score, but ... on
Saturday we had some technical problems on our main 35 years old TH6DXX and we
lost 3 hours of good runs. We were forced to use only the WRTC ECO tribander in
the mean time, but we still had fun. The Balun on the TH6DXX was removed and we
continued with full power ...

We had some visitors on our location to keep as awake and to encourage us.

On Saturday evening one of our friends made as very very goooooood supper ...
It was very hard to continue after that :D

Night from Saturday on Sunday was ... just something else than night before ...
no good runs ... like somebody pulled a hand brake on conditions and the whole
day was also like that ... in the evening it got a bit better ...

But still ... we are very pleased with the score since 4 of members out of 9
were complete contest novices and this was their first real contest ever
...congrats!

On Sunday morning a mistake happened by one of novice contesters and we are
very sorry and apologize for that ... In the heat of battle by mistake he sent
out a selfspot ...

Log will be on LOTW soon.