[3830] EA RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 5 13:21:12 EDT 2015

                    EA RTTY Contest

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: 8P
Operating Time (hrs): 9 hrs

Total:  238   160  Total Score = 78,240

Thanks everyone for a cool contest.

I took the opportunity to do some adjustments to the SO2R setup and do some
testing. I left one rig on 20m and used the other rig to QSY from band to band.
It all worked pretty smoothly but I have some work to do with the 10/20 and
40/20 setups. Some desensing on the 10m rig when transmitting on 20 and the
40/20 combination is a no-go for now. The best combinatio was 15/20 which is
likely to be an important combination as the sunspots disappear.

Was a bit short of my goals because of some very very poor propagation on
Sunday morning. Even though 10m was open to EU all morning, there was nothing
happening on 20m. It might have been a somewhat high A-index but I had like an
S9 noise level and nothing from EU. This was such a contrast to 10m which was
open to EU, NA and SA with solid signals and eventually 15m also opened up
nicely.

Thanks again and see you next year and in the next RTTY contest.

Dean - 8P6SH/8P2K