[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 8 10:12:38 EDT 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Apr 8

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS

   80:   2      2
   40:  35     33
   20:  23     17
Total:  60     52  Total Score = 3,120

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Another fun run this morning.  But....(OK, Whiner Alert!!!).....

I just didn't have what it takes, especially on 40.  Noise was high here.  And,
when I finally found a freq to call CQ, I heard several people calling whose
calls I just could not pull out of the mud.  And, some of the stns who are
ordinarily knocking me out of the chair were just ordinary strength today on
40.  Others were like 50dB over S9.  Go figure!

Then, when I finally went to 20m (never made it to 15, but I'll bet there was
some action up there, especially for you SO2R boys), it was great hearing a new
batch of calls.  Thanks to Gerd, DL8PG (#833) and Dai, JF2IWL (#1286) for
surprising me with your calls.  It was great to hear you.

Also, I'm glad to hear Pat, W5WMU.  I think that's the first time I've worked
that megastation on CWT.  Pat couldn't hear me on 20, but he was loud here on
Elvis' front porch today.

Thanks for all the Qs.  And, thanks for reading all my monologue here, but CWT
is the highlight of my week.  My main lamentation is....

...that my cross-town neighbor, Joe Moffatt, AB5OR, just mops me up on CWT.  I
can't figure out how he can find--and hold--such great freqs to call CQ.  And,
y'all just line up to work him.  All the time, I'm in the search and rescue
mode for Qs while his numbers go up.  What a great operator Joe is...I just
like trying to work hard enough to stay close enough to see his dust with my
binoculars.  The air around his antennas is discolored from the RF he puts
out!

73 all...until the 1900z run.

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN #1327
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of King Elvis)