[3830] JIDX CW JA1BPA SOSB/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 12 21:37:18 EDT 2015

                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JA1BPA
Station: JA1BPA

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Chiba (12)

Total:  240    89  Total Score = 42,720

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

"Terrible start, but so-so finish, considering the sun spots."

I had some work to finish over the weekend, so I cancelled my
plan to visit JG1ZUY station and stayed at my own shack.  I
chose 10mb because I thought that I would have plenty of time
to finish my work while my PC would generate unanswered "CQ TEST".

As expected, geo-magnetic turbulence damaged the propagation
to higher latitude of Europe and North America on Saturday UTC.
No CQ Zones 15/20 from Europe and no 04/05 from North America.
Still, I was happy to work several African entities such as FR,
SU, ZS and 3B8 after our local sunset on Saturday.

On Sunday UTC, the propagation started to ameliorate, and by our
local sunset, I could manage to work decent number of Europeans
including stations from Zone 14. Surprised to work G0ORC at
1 hour before our sunset!

FYI, here are the number of QSOs and multipliers for my 10m
HP efforts over the past 3 years.  I do not know yet if I will
stay on 10mb next year, but things will be even harder next
year.

2013 (final)   767Qs 33Z/83E (JA record)
2014 (final)   361Qs 30Z/71E
2015 (claimed) 240Qs 27Z/62E

See you again in a contest.

Best 73,